The Public Engagement Starter Fund is an exciting opportunity for University of Cambridge researchers to apply for small grants to undertake innovative public engagement with research activities.
Applications for the 2020 Public Engagement Starter Fund can be submitted until 15 May 2020.
The fund supports novel projects based on contemporary research at the University of Cambridge which aim to do one or more of the following:
- Reach a specific target audience
- Develop a partnership with a community of interest
- Create an innovative activity for any of the Cambridge Festivals
Applicants can apply for grants up to £1,500. Proposed projects can take a variety of formats, provided a clear rationale is given regarding the appropriateness of the method of engagement adopted, and how the necessary resources and expertise will be secured. This variety of formats includes (but is not limited to):
- Live events e.g. festivals, discussions, workshops, science cafes.
- Collaborative projects e.g. with publics/organisations as partners in research.
- Public involvement e.g. patient and public, citizen science.
- Media e.g. social media, discussions via blogs, broadcasting-led activities
- Exhibitions and installations e.g. museums and galleries.
- Education resources and programmes that connect pupils, teachers and/or education providers directly with research.
Please download and complete your application form and submit it to email@example.com by Friday 15 May 2020. Applications will be assessed by a selection committee, and applicants notified by end of July at the latest. Research students and postdocs should receive permission from supervisors before applying. College researchers are fully eligible to apply.
Successful applicants will be supported by the University Public Engagement team with advice and training, and must submit an interim and concluding report including thorough evaluation upon completion of the project.
Please contact Dr Alina Loth (alina.loth(a)admin.cam.ac.uk) with further questions.