Our buildings and facilities have reduced capacities to ensure safe social distancing at this time. Some are operating online booking to manage visitor numbers, so may not be open on a drop-in basis. In line with Government guidance, the University of Cambridge requires visitors to wear face coverings (unless exempt) whilst enjoying our indoor spaces.
A number of our Museums will continue with ticketing for general admission. Please book a ticket before visiting. Please see the Museums' website for further information.
Cambridge University Libraries are providing a blend of online, zero-contact and in-person services. These are designed to give you the access you need to resources and support while keeping you and our staff safe. Advance booking is required to consult Special Collections.
Please check the relevant website for further details and any local restrictions:
Many of the collegiate University's events have been taken online. See events open to the public, including the virtual ones, on our What's On website. To receive details about future events in your inbox, sign up for our monthly What's On email.
Discover our collections online
- See treasures of Cambridge University Library in high resolution
- Discover highlights from the Fitzwilliam Museum
- Visit Kettle’s Yard on a virtual tour or discover some of the collection’s objects in 360-degree views
- Watch videos about objects in the Museum of Classical Archaeology
- Explore the Polar Museum’s catalogue and the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology's collection
- Find out about the history of science and its instruments from astrolabes to microscopes on the Whipple Museum website
- Get up close and personal with some spectacular specimens from the Museum of Zoology
- Get to know plants from the Botanic Garden chosen by the Head of Horticulture or see weekly wanders on YouTube
- Meet the Wonder Chicken in the Sedgwick Museum of Earth Science's online version of its exhibition
Explore some of collegiate Cambridge’s most recognisable buildings on Google Street View.