Our museums and sports facilities are open, with restrictions, following the changes in Government guidance over the summer. Buildings and facilities may be operating online booking to manage visitor numbers, so may not be open on a drop-in basis. Please be aware that capacities remain reduced.
Advance booking is still essential for our museums, except the Botanic Garden, where it remains available on an optional basis. Please see the museums' website for information about how to book.
Cambridge University Libraries are providing a blend of online, zero-contact and in-person services.
Sports facilities are open with some restrictions.
Please check the relevant website for further details about local restrictions:
Many of the collegiate University's events have been taken online. See events open to the public, including the virtual ones, on our What's On website. To receive details about future events in your inbox, sign up for our monthly What's On email.
Discover our collections online
- See treasures of Cambridge University Library in high resolution
- Discover highlights from the Fitzwilliam Museum
- Visit Kettle’s Yard on a virtual tour or discover some of the collection’s objects in 360-degree views
- Watch videos about objects in the Museum of Classical Archaeology
- Explore the Polar Museum’s catalogue and the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology's collection
- Find out about the history of science and its instruments from astrolabes to microscopes on the Whipple Museum website
- Get up close and personal with some spectacular specimens from the Museum of Zoology
- Get to know plants from the Botanic Garden chosen by the Head of Horticulture or see weekly wanders on YouTube
- Meet the Wonder Chicken in the Sedgwick Museum of Earth Science's online version of its exhibition
Explore some of collegiate Cambridge’s most recognisable buildings on Google Street View.
Watch videos on the University's YouTube channel.
Exercise your little grey cells with podcasts from across the University.
- Check out the University's podcast Mind Over Chatter on captivate.fm
- Visit the University on Soundcloud or Apple podcasts for recordings of talks and public events
- See more podcasts produced by students and academics across Cambridge
Exercise at home — or wherever you are — with the Sports Centre's #StayActiveCambridge programme.