Researchers wishing to continue their career at the University of Cambridge after the end of the current contract will be supported by their supervisor and/or the HR Division in the attempt to find suitable alternative employment. A nominated HR Adviser will be responsible, under the University's procedures for staff reaching the end of a fixed-term appointment, for drawing the researcher's attention to the University's jobs webpages, and for meeting regularly with the researcher (if the researcher wishes) to discuss alternative employment opportunities which may be suitable and for which the researcher has the appropriate skills and experience.

In the event that no suitable alternative employment is found, the researcher may be entitled to statutory redundancy pay. Advice is available from the departmental administrator. In case of doubt, advice is available from the HR Division.