How to change your signature
- From the email view In Microsoft Office 2010 go to File > Options > Mail
- Once the Mail window is open, look down the right side for the third option Signatures
- After clicking on Signatures a new window will open.
- Click 'New' and type a name into the box
- Click 'OK'
- Copy and paste the example below into the 'Edit Signature' space
- Update the contact details to your own.
Setting signature preferences
- Move to the default options on the right of the same window.
- In the drop down box 'New messages ' select the name of the email signature you want to use as a default
- In the drop down box 'Replies/forwards ' select a signature, if any, you would like to use as default on replies and forwards.
This is the recommended method of presenting contact information and disclaimers at the foot of an email.
- The main text is black, 9-point Arial.
- There should only be one web address/url link in a signature, and it should be underlined.
- The University logo should not be used in the email signature.
- The disclaimer at the end of the signature should be in black, 8-point Arial.
University of Cambridge
Address 1, Address 2, Cambridge Post Code