- Feedback and general contact details
- Undergraduate applications
- Graduate applications
- Press enquiries
- How to find the University
- Computing enquiries and reporting problems
- Detailed list of contacts
- University of Cambridge examinations
- English language courses
- Publications from Cambridge University Press
Feedback and general contact details
Please send comments, corrections and/or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to forward more general comments and questions to other parts of the University, but it will be quicker if you contact them direct.
A number of useful contact addresses and phone numbers are listed on this page. If you cannot find the telephone number you require, the phone number of the University switchboard is (01223) 337733.
Information about undergraduate courses and admissions is available online. Email queries about undergraduate admissions or courses should go either to the college concerned or to email@example.com
Information about admissions to graduate courses and research degrees is available online. Email queries about graduate admissions should go either to the college concerned or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Press should consult the page http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/news/contact.html for access to information.
How to find the University
The Colleges and all parts of the University are spread over a large area of the city and surrounding area. The University has an indexed map, which is available online and can also be purchased on paper from the Press Bookshop, 1 Trinity Street, Cambridge, CB2 1SZ (email@example.com).
Links to the main sites are as follows:
- New Museums Site
- Downing Site
- Silver Street/Mill Lane Site
- Old Addenbrooke's Site
- Sidgwick Site
- Madingley Rise Site
- West Cambridge Site
The University Computing Service has web pages at http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions and support about Computing Service facilities to email@example.com.
To report computer security problems originating from within cam.ac.uk see the information http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/security/reporting.html. Information about Cambridge Computer Emergency Response Team is at http://www.ucs.cam.ac.uk/security/cert.html.
- The UCS Service Desk (Help Desk): firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01223 (7)62999, or in person at Computing Service Reception on the New Museums Site, for all questions about services run by the Computing Service. Users of Departmental or College Managed Clusters within the PWF should usually start by consulting their own local support staff.
- Telephone Help Desk: email@example.com
- CamSIS: firstname.lastname@example.org (see also http://www.camsis.cam.ac.uk/cam-only/helpdesk/)
- CamCors: email@example.com
- CSRS (formerly CamGrad): firstname.lastname@example.org
- CamTools: email@example.com
- MISD (Management Information Services Division, managing the Administrative Computing Network): firstname.lastname@example.org
- CUFS (University Financial System): UFS_enquiries@admin.cam.ac.uk
- University Card: email@example.com
- Raven access to electronic library services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical School Computing Service (CSCS): email@example.com, phone 01223 (3)36261, fax 01223 (3)3183
- CARET: for all services firstname.lastname@example.org
- University map: email@example.com
Detailed contact information & list of contacts
The central address for University business is:
The Old Schools,
Cambridge CB2 1TN
|Central University Switchboard||+44 (0)1223 337733|
Below is a list of some of the most commonly requested telephone numbers in the University. Prefix the number with the STD code 01223 (+44 1223 from outside the UK) unless another code is given. There is also a more detailed list of contacts in the administrative offices for those that have a more accurate contact requirement.
(Institute of Continuing Education)
(Cambridge Alumni Relations Office)
(Cambridge Admissions Office)
(Board of Graduate Studies)
|Communications Office, for all media firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Network & email email@example.com|
|Data Protection Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Disability Resource Centreemail@example.com|
|Fire Safety Unitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health and Safety Divisionemail@example.com|
|Job Opportunities||(Human Resources)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
(Temporary Employment Service)
|Old Schools Receptionemail@example.com|
|Personal and Professional Developmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
University of Cambridge examinations
- Information about international examinations (O, AS, A level and IGCSE) is available from Cambridge International Examinations - email queries to email@example.com.
- Information about English language examinations (such as CELTA, TKT, ICELT, DELTA) is also available - contact the support helpdesk with queries.
- Information about OCR examinations - email firstname.lastname@example.org
English language courses
The University does not run any general English language courses. The Language Centre of the University of Cambridge does offer English for Academic Purposes Pre-sessional and In-sessional programmes for incoming post-graduate students from abroad. For more information, please visit the Language Centre's website: http://www.langcen.cam.ac.uk/eap/eap.php
Subjects you can't study here
There are a number of popular subjects that are not studied in the University at undergraduate level. The most commonly requested are accountancy, business management, nursing, dentistry, theatre studies, pharmacy and midwifery. Please go to the UCAS website to find Universities where you can pursue them.