The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] (Fwd) BBC Information [T2005011300P6S010Z430207]

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

I received this worrying email recently from the BBC. I will
obviously reply.

When I get the time, I will write to the BBC to complain about their
biased coverage about the elections in Iraq.

Some time before the elections I sent the following email to
info@bbc.co.uk because I guessed how they might report this issue. I
hadn't realised how over the top they would actually be!

***** start
Hi

I am concerned that the BBC has taken to quotes such as "these are
Iraq's first free and democratic elections" Sometimes you say "for
half a century", sometimes you say "in the country's history".

It is bad enough when you serve as a mouthpiece for Bush or Blair
saying this (without the BBC attempting to get a different view point
in order to provide balance).Far worse is when a newsreader says
this.

Could you please assure me that you will stop this biased reporting?

Thank you.

***** end

Institute for War & Peace Reporting