All researchers must receive the same forms of employment documentation as other unestablished academic-related staff of the University:
- a conditional offer letter (a template is available);
- a formal contract signed by the relevant appointing authority and issued within eight weeks of the starting date;
- written confirmation of any changes in the terms of employment;
- job description or the generic description of the role and, where appropriate, a list of expected research goals;
- the University Staff Guide: Academic, academic-related and research staff (which includes relevant University policies, including guidelines on good research practice, intellectual property rights, health and safety and financial regulations).
In addition, researchers should be directed to
this 'Employment and Career Management Scheme' and to the 'career management tool for researchers'.
Last updated: 28 March 2011