The Museum of Zoology is reopening in March. Come and join our team as a Visitor Engagement volunteer.
We are hoping to make the Museum as accessible and friendly as possible. We are looking for volunteers who are excited to take on a public facing role. Prior knowledge of the museum or the collections is not a necessity, we want volunteers who are enthusiastic and willing to learn.
Why the Museum of Zoology needs volunteers
• Visitor Engagement Volunteers provide a friendly welcome and interact with visitors. They supply information about the exhibitions and displays, and answer questions from visitors or direct them to members of staff who can.
• Volunteers help make the museum accessible by providing tours and assisting visits.
• Visitor Engagement Volunteers play a valuable role in maintaining museum security during opening hours by supervising visitors in the galleries, and supporting the front desk staff.
About Visitor Engagement
Being a visitor engagement volunteer is all about helping people make the most out of our museum. You will be acting as the face of the museum so we’d like you to welcome visitors and be aware of their needs.
• Provide a warm welcome to visitors
• Interact with visitors in a helpful manner
• Act as a guide to the museum
• Support visitors using interactive displays and museum handouts
• Supervise handling sessions
• Help with museum special events
• Maintain security in gallery spaces and follow health and safety procedures
• Support other volunteers with extra needs
If you'd like to find out more and apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01223 765410
The closing date is the 29th of May. Although we are hoping to get some volunteers in place before then.
Museum Volunteer Coordinator
Museum of Zoology
Tel: 01223 765410