Students who receive a maintenance stipend from funds managed within the collegiate University (including Cambridge Trust, Gates Cambridge, Harding, Departments and Colleges and UKRI DTPs and CDTs) and who need an extension of funding should contact their funder in the first instance.
Information about applying for a funded extension from Cambridge funders is listed below:
- Cambridge Trust: The Cambridge Trust will consider applications for extended funding on a case-by-case basis in the term before the end of the current funding period. The Cambridge Trust provide a form and guidance on their website.
- Gates Cambridge: Gates Cambridge will consider applications for extended funding on a case-by-case basis. Information for their scholars is available online.
- University Trust funds: The University Trust funds managed by the Student Funding team (SSC) will align with UKRI policy and will consider applications on a case by case basis.
- Department/Faculty funding: contact your Department to enquire about the possibility of applying for a funding extension
- College funding: contact your College to enquire about the possibility of applying for a funding extension
- Other funding: contact the administrator or Managers of your funding to enquire about the possibility of applying for a funding extension
Students will need to make contact with their own funder to enquire about the possibility of funded extensions.
Some funders also provide financial support for other incidental costs – students should contact their funding body for more details.
If you are in financial hardship, please see the page for all students for information on the help available, including the Postgraduate Hardship Fund. Students should approach their funder in the first instance, where appropriate, to request additional funding and will need to show that they have done this before applying for University hardship funds, for which self-funded students are normally prioritised.