Information for international students

Update 26 February 2021: rest of Lent term, Easter vacation and Easter term

The government has recently updated its guidance for universities on the return of students and in-person teaching. There is no major change to the University’s provision of teaching and learning for the rest of Lent term or the Easter vacation. For full details see this update from the University and the Colleges on Lent term, Easter vacation and Easter term 2021.

In summary: teaching will remain online for the majority of courses (with a few exceptions) and those courses, such as clinical medicine, that are already teaching in-person will continue to do so. As per current rules, research students are permitted to access specialist facilities if necessary for their work. 

Most students should remain where they are – whether at home or in Cambridge – and should not travel unless for one of the permitted exceptional reasons

We hope to welcome back as many students as possible in Easter Term 2021, but this depends on what is allowed by the government. We will provide more information as soon as we can.


International students should consult the International Student Office's pre-arrival page before planning any travel to the UK.

Travelling from overseas to Cambridge at the current time might seem daunting. A key thing to remember is that your College is here to help you. All of the Colleges have procedures in place to support students who need to quarantine upon arrival in the UK, or students who need to self-isolate. You will not be left alone in these circumstances. Food and essential supplies will be brought to a safe drop-off-point, and you will be given clear information on who to contact if you need anything. If you become unwell while at College, there are members of staff who will help you. Please refer to information provided by your College, on your College website or, if you cannot find the information you need, contact your Tutor at your College.

Key information points in College:

  • Your Tutor
  • Porters’ Lodge
  • Tutorial Office

Each College employs a College Nurse who will have regular drop-in times for students who might need medical attention.


Financial Hardship

If you experience financial hardship as a result of measures in place because of the pandemic, or for any other reason, you should contact your College Tutor as soon as possible. Your Tutor will be able to advise you about any support that might be available from your College or the University.


Students with disabilities impacted by COVID-related social distancing measures

Please see the University’s information on support for students with disabilities impacted by COVID-related social distancing measures.