Find out the latest research stories from the University of Cambridge that involved the use of animals.
Current animal research
The following are some of the research projects involving animals currently under way at the University of Cambridge. We will continue to add to this list as our Animal Research pages develop.
- The role of the immune system in heart attack and stroke: Professor Ziad Mallat
- How does the brain develop? Professor Bill Harris
- How does Parkinson’s disease affect brain function? Dr Susan Jones
- Misfolded proteins in dementia and ageing: Dr David Ron
- Breeding disease-resistant chickens: Professor Jim Kaufman
- The role of protein misfolding in neurodegenerative diseases: Dr Roger Barker
- How do we make decisions – and why does this process go wrong? Professor Wolfram Schultz
- Preventing heart disease: Professor Thomas Krieg
- Understanding the causes of mental health disorders: Amy Milton
- Optimising immunotherapy for autoimmune disease: Dr Sarah Howlett